Volume 27 Number 5
In previous editions of the WMNL, articles have been written on the various tickborne diseases. Over the past few years several important changes have occurred, and there have been several more illnesses added to the list.
– Leading insect vectorborne diseases in USA.
– 95% of all insect vectorborne illnesses in USA.
– Second only to mosquitoes worldwide in causing and spreading disease.
– Ticks are little cesspools.
– Lyme Disease is the #1 tickborne illness.
– Anaplasmosis (HGA) is the #2 tickborne illness.
Here is the current list of tickborne diseases seen in North America: